Keeping It Real
Saturday, October 25, 2014
Things I felt the need to write about this week...
1) Our kitchen is infested with cockroaches. I caught them when I went down in the kitchen for a midnight snack last night and woke up this morning on a mission. When I investigated I realized, they were in every nook and cranny and crevice. So gross. I spent 6 hours today in my pajamas with the aunties obsessively cleaning and staging a massacre. Go away bugs! I swear they are worse than ever right now. I generally don’t believe in killing living creatures but I make exceptions for the following: cockroaches that infest our kitchen, mosquitoes, lice, and scorpions that bite my children.
2) A lot of the kids have warts and Nena has been putting frankincense (essential oil) on them and in a matter of days they’re gone! It’s amazing. Totally turned onto essential oils right now and Nena is a master healer! I bought a diffuser that I’ve been putting in Ravi’s nursery and in the evenings I put a few drops of lavender or lemongrass, or eucalyptus in. Totally recommend this for everyone!
3) We’re really working with our bed wetters. It feels like we’ve tried everything in the universe, but does anyone have any advice? We’ve got a couple kids in their early teens who are still struggling.
4) The kids have been off of school for about 4 weeks now and I'm starting to feel really ready for them to go back.
5) The screen door leading to my room slams shut no matter how gently you try to open it. Not fun with a baby that naps multiple times a day. Have you ever seen Modern Family? You know, "Gotta fix that step!" That's totally my entire team. "Gotta fix that door." It's been two months now!!!
Just trying to keep it real for all of you.